Banking Process Video
Step 1: Enrolment
Enroll in Stemade's dental stem cell bank either by contacting us on the Toll Free Number 1800-102-7836(STEM)
During enrolment, after paying the requisite fees, you will have to sign a contract authorising Stemade to maintain and preserve the processed vital dental pulp, rich in stem cells, and ensure its timely retrieval whenever required.
From the list of Stemade Smile Clinics (the list is accessible on the website in the Stemade Smile Clinics section) you can choose the nearest dentist for the tooth collection procedure, as per your convenience.
Step 2: Tooth Collection
Each Stemade Smile Clinic has a Dental Sampling Kit. The Kit is designed to ensure safe transportation of the tooth, in ideal conditions, till such time as it reaches the laboratory.
On the day of collection, the dentist in the Stemade Smile Clinic will perform the procedure.
- The collected tooth will be placed in the dental sampling kit with your details marked on it.
- The paramedic will collect the blood sample and place it in the dental sampling kit.
- This dental sampling kit is then carefully packed by the paramedic and will ensure its courier to the laboratory in Chennai.
- This dental sampling kit is then carefully packed by the paramedic who will ensure it is sent to the laboratory in Chennai.
Step 3: Isolation
- The tooth will be transported to the state-of-art laboratory at Chennai.
- The dental pulp, containing the stem cells would be isolated by breaking open the tooth and processed as per the set protocols.
- The processed dental pulp would be tested for sterility and quality control (assessment of the viability of the stem cells).
Step 4: Cryopreservation
- If the processed dental pulp passes the viability assessment, it will be stored cryogenically.
- The cryogenic treatment is a process in which the processed dental pulp, rich in stem cells, is preserved by gradual cooling.
- The processed dental pulp is frozen by keeping the levy at a temperature of -196 degree Celsius in liquid nitrogen.
- The processed vital dental pulp is frozen and stored, with appropriate tagging of your relevant details, using cryopreservation technology to maintain their viability for retrieval in future.
Step 5: Receipt of the sample certificate
After the sample is cryopreserved, a certificate of banking will be sent to you, which you must preserve for future records.